[PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.1-RC1
Benjamin Bentmann
2010-11-19 00:15:55 UTC
Hi,

we're aiming at a bugfix release of Maven 3 in the next week and
following tradition we invite interested users in taking the RC for a
test drive in order to detect and fix potential regressions since
version 3.0 before the actual release of 3.0.1.

For the duration of the RC testing, sources and binaries are staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-008/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0.1-RC1/

As usual, the changes since the previous release are listed in JIRA:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=16331

Thanks,

-The Maven Team
Marvin Froeder
2010-11-19 01:36:17 UTC
Tested flexmojos, seems ok ;)

VELO

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Benjamin Bentmann <
chemit
2010-11-19 07:51:22 UTC
On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 01:15:55 +0100
Post by Benjamin Bentmann
Hi,
+1, works fine for us (tested on ubuntu 10.10 and windows xp sp3).
Post by Benjamin Bentmann
we're aiming at a bugfix release of Maven 3 in the next week and
following tradition we invite interested users in taking the RC for a
test drive in order to detect and fix potential regressions since
version 3.0 before the actual release of 3.0.1.
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-008/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0.1-RC1/
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=16331
Thanks,
-The Maven Team
Tony Chemit
--------------------
tél: +33 (0) 2 40 50 29 28
email: ***@codelutin.com
http://www.codelutin.com
Manfred Moser
2010-11-19 17:38:35 UTC
Works fine on a multi module Android project with plain library, Android
application and instrumentation test modules.

manfred
Evgeny Mandrikov
2010-11-19 20:47:22 UTC
Works fine for all Sonar projects, including based on Tycho.
Post by Manfred Moser
Works fine on a multi module Android project with plain library, Android
application and instrumentation test modules.
manfred
Best regards,
http://twitter.com/_godin_
http://www.SonarSource.com <http://www.sonarsource.com/>
Baptiste MATHUS
2010-11-21 17:56:48 UTC
Question about the future release. I just created a test project from
archetype, and tried -T option. And surefire shows up as being locked onto
the 2.5 version, should/couldn't 3.0.1 be locked onto 2.6 one (btw, surefire
might not be the sole plugin in this case) ?

Thanks.
Hi,
we're aiming at a bugfix release of Maven 3 in the next week and following
tradition we invite interested users in taking the RC for a test drive in
order to detect and fix potential regressions since version 3.0 before the
actual release of 3.0.1.
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-008/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0.1-RC1/
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=16331
Thanks,
-The Maven Team
Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !
Baptiste MATHUS
2010-11-22 12:30:20 UTC
After having been actually bitten by
[MNG-4907<http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4907>]
(which is a good thing) and then fixing it, the build passed fine. Great job
!

+1 (non-binding)
Mangez un castor !
Benjamin Bentmann
2010-11-22 12:46:07 UTC
Post by Baptiste MATHUS
I just created a test project from
archetype, and tried -T option. And surefire shows up as being locked onto
the 2.5 version, should/couldn't 3.0.1 be locked onto 2.6 one
I didn't feel comfortable making Surefire 2.6 the default in light of
SUREFIRE-615 but that's just my personal opinion. If others consider the
update from 2.5 to 2.6 a worthwhile change, that's fine.

Benjamin